Minnesota River Art Fair at The Landing - Post mortem

Martin Pansch

Minnesota River Art Fair at The Landing - Post mortem

Unread post by Martin Pansch » Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:57 pm

Darryl and I demoed at The Landing yesterday during the first day of the Minnesota River Art Fair. After some rain showers at the start of the day the weather was as good as we could possibly hope for. We worked on knocking out some strap hinges for the site, duplicating a historical set they have on hand. The crowds were good, about 1600 people came through the gates and we almost always had folks watching. Education was doled out, some Guild flyers were distributed and some contacts were made. Darryl may have found someone that wants to donate a leg vise to the Guild.

The artists displaying their wares were pretty good too. Ceramics to photography, jewelry to glass, wood, paint, and all sorts of other mediums. Among the artists was Hans Early-Nelson and his girlfriend Liz selling jewelry, bottle openers, and other found art. I know the rest of us are going to have to step up out bottle opener game if we are going to beat him at the Madness. He has had too much practice on that front.

In all a great day to be out pounding iron and talking to the public.

bbrown

Re: Minnesota River Art Fair at The Landing - Post mortem

Unread post by bbrown » Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:40 pm

Sounds like a great time. The Demo season is in full swing.
Speaking of Guild flyers. Is there a pdf or word doc. available to print off flyers to take to demos??

Bob

Martin Pansch

Re: Minnesota River Art Fair at The Landing - Post mortem

Unread post by Martin Pansch » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:43 pm

This is the one we used. It seems to cover all the bases. I might also suggest considering bringing a copy of the latest forum for info on the next membership meeting and the Madness.
Attachments
TGOM_Membership_Application_updatedJuly2009[1].doc
(42 KiB) Downloaded 221 times

Return to “General Events”