We all started somewhere. If you are brave enough, post a photo of your "first" metalworks. The first tongs you made, your first knife, the first forge you built, etc.
- Darryl Ponder
- Posts: 324
- Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:10 pm
- Location: Minnetonka, MN
Here are some photos of the first knife I made. My Brother had asked for a deer skinning knife and I made it from some OCS (Old Chevy Spring). I based it on a Knives of Alaska skinner. You can tell I really missed that mark, but it turned out OK in that it has skinned many deer. I made the knife in April of 2007. To give the knife more sentimental value, I made the scales from some mesquite out of his back yard.
- CIMG0302 (Small).JPG (95.32 KiB) Viewed 3158 times
- CIMG4204 (Small).JPG (50.25 KiB) Viewed 3158 times
- CIMG4140 (Small).JPG (78.8 KiB) Viewed 3158 times
- CIMG4136 (Small).JPG (98.06 KiB) Viewed 3158 times
- Deer skinner
- CIMG0307 (Small).JPG (98.38 KiB) Viewed 3158 times