looking to try my hand at armor work

A new area created on 8/7/13. If you have questions, post them here and a Guild member will respond as best we can!
Calmb4tehpwn

looking to try my hand at armor work

Unread post by Calmb4tehpwn » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:17 pm

Hey guys!

I'm planning to try my hand at armor work. Dishing, raising, planishing, repousse and chasing. The whole good game. I'm hoping before I go and drop an additional $500 on all of the armoring stakes and tools, I could find someone who has a shop already set up for it. I would like to try KY hand at a small project or two so I can get a feel for which tools I need right away, and which I can make it by without for a bit.

If you have even just a planishing stake or a dome stake or something I could take for a ride, I would appreciate if you reached out to me!

And if you have any armor tips for a new smith, I am all ears!

bartelfitzneel

Re: looking to try my hand at armor work

Unread post by bartelfitzneel » Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:31 pm

Where are you located at? There is an open armouring nite every wednesday in Garden city MN (just south of mankato). if that isn't close I can find you some body close.

Calmb4tehpwn

Unread post by Calmb4tehpwn » Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:07 am

I'm in Burnsville, so Mankato is a little rough on a work night, but I may be able to swing it.
What time do you guys meet?

Thanks for reaching out!

bartelfitzneel

Unread post by bartelfitzneel » Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:15 am

it starts at 7pm. 621 Main St N, Garden City MN.

bartelfitzneel

Unread post by bartelfitzneel » Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:25 pm

How about mondays at 6:00 p.m. in Roseville? Please be sure to contact them at 651-644-4685 or at vlad.petranella@gmail.com in advance to make sure it is happening this week.

Return to “Getting started - Questions and Answers”