Fire pots and Shop guests

The is the place to have non-metalworking discussions.
Martin Pansch

Fire pots and Shop guests

Unread post by Martin Pansch » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:16 am

I had Jim Ericksen, Pieter Maas, and Christina Dodge over last Sunday helping to prep for the Poor Man's Forge class on 25 April. Making firepots and preping the fans were the order of the day. Thankfully I had their help as I -might- have let in more folks than the stated maximum in the ad. ;)

I cut side pieces for the pots with the demon saw, Christina cut the bottoms with the band saw, Pieter prepped the fans and used the gas ax to cut the hole in the bottom, and Jim welded everything together. With 4 people working together it was still a bit of work but would have been a very long day if I was doing it all myself.
Firepots and Fans.JPG
Firepots and Fans.JPG (130.01 KiB) Viewed 2544 times
While she was manning (womanning?) the band saw Christina also dove into the chaos that was the steel pile under my stock rack! A project I hoped to get to at some point doing the year she knocked out in her spare time in a day.
Clean stock rack.JPG
Clean stock rack.JPG (113.28 KiB) Viewed 2544 times
I wish I had a before picture to show the mess it was but we got rid of a one whole pallet and she gave me some great ideas for some other steel storage solutions. That and she brought carrot cake to boot!

The tank in the photo is acetylene that Jim didn't want anymore so brought it out for me to burn through. That's right, free carrot cake -and- acetylene!

It is great having Guild friends that you can draft into spending a day helping you out and have them leave your shop better than they found it to boot.

Thanks guys. I owe you.

NMcCartney

Re: Fire pots and Shop guests

Unread post by NMcCartney » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:07 am

Awesome! Very excited for the class. =D
"With a book in one hand, and a sword in the other."

Martin Pansch

Re: Fire pots and Shop guests

Unread post by Martin Pansch » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:39 pm

As am I. Should be a good time.

Return to “General Discussion”