Gallery

Look here to see how to make a post, upload photos, videos, etc.
bbrown

Gallery

Unread post by bbrown » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:01 pm

I see we now have a gallery button. Cool.
Will instructions to add photos be on there way?

Bob B

Darryl Ponder

Re: Gallery and other stuff

Unread post by Darryl Ponder » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:42 am

Glad you noticed!

Yes, we have a gallery coming, but it will take a few days to check the software packages available, pick one, and get it set up properly. I am playing with one package now to see if it meets our needs. I will certainly make an announcement when it is ready to put photos into.

A couple of other features were added to the Bellows. The ability to get a daily (or hourly, weekly, monthy, etc.) digest of postings on the Bellows was added, as was an instant messaging (chat) feature.

For the daily digest, go into your user panel (upper right of the page) and then on the left of the window that comes up, go toward the bottom of the list and click on DIGEST. Set up the options as you like. Options are set on an individual account basis, so you can ask to have a summary Digest sent to your email address with a recap of postings. You may select what topics to summarize (up to the whole Bellows), when the digest is to be sent, how often you want a summary sent and what type of information you want to see the digest, e.g. do you want the newly posted photos and videos to show up in the digest or just get a text summary of subject lines, etc..

Concerning the chat room feature, that is at the bottom of the Bellows front page (called the Board index). Just type a word in the box such as "hello" and you should be automatically logged in for that session. You can then chat with anyone else logged into the chat room. Please try this feature out with me if you see me logged in, as I want to see if it works. This is a feature I may take back down, but want to test is anyway.

If there are other features or ideas you want to see please let me know. I am concerned about the issue of balance of features versus simplicity of use and am always looking for feedback, both positive and negative. This next two weeks is the time for trial and error before we take the board live.

Regards,

Darryl

Return to “Web forum "How to", Feedback and Suggestions”