Plans for Treadle hammer

Dan Rasmussen

Plans for Treadle hammer

Unread post by Dan Rasmussen » Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:45 am

After more than 40 years of doing farrier work I have decided that it's time to slow down. Now I can do more blacksmithing and that for brings me to the guild. Looking for plans for a treadle hammer, hope someone can help me out.

Thanks
Dan

wayne.olson

Re: Plans for Teadle hammer

Unread post by wayne.olson » Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:27 pm

Hi Dan. I have just completed a treadle hammer kit designed by Gordon Bar and sold by Discount Steel. I will post some photo's soon as I can. Discount steel has the kits (I believe still in inventory). Gordon would know the current cost. The design is an inline design. Or the head travels straight down to do the "work". The kit requires a lot welding along with lots of drilling and tapping. Questions give me a shout or we can arrange a "shop meeting" to show the details??? Great design!
Regards
Wayne

Aarono

Re: Plans for Treadle hammer

Unread post by Aarono » Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:50 pm

EDIT: Actually it looks like there is a link on this same subject(http://www.metalsmith.org/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=6)

I did look into this after reading your post and even went so far as to inquire at Discount Steel. They replied and said they do have the kits available still for the price of 325/Lot.

In the email back from Discount Steel was also included a 50 page detailed manual written by non other than the aforementioned Gordon Bar. If anyone is interested, I'm sure contacting Discount Steel would get you more information. Or if you would just like a peak at the .pdf, I can attempt to post it here.

Just let me know!

Return to “Treadle Hammers”