The New Guy - Timothy Daggett

tjdaggett

The New Guy - Timothy Daggett

Unread post by tjdaggett » Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:10 pm

Good afternoon! My name is Timothy Daggett. My sister and BIL got me a guild membership for my birthday, just about the time the pandemic closed everything down. Due to the timing, I haven't gotten to attend a meeting in person since joining. My wife and I did visit, I think last summer, and met Brendan and a few others. Can't wait for another pot luck!

A bit about me:
- I have only struck hot metal on one afternoon, on a test run of my ad hoc forge setup. It worked!
- My shop is an 8x10 shed in my back yard. I'm working on getting a well-tamped, level dirt floor in place (it was plywood over joists) and installing a chimney.
- I am a dedicated Christ-follower; always open to prayer requests, so feel free to PM me.
- I am a husband and a father. My wife and I have been married for four and a half years and we have one daughter who just turned one a few weeks back. My wife supports the forging whole-heartedly and has fantastic ideas for making it work.
- I am located on the north side of the Twin Cities.
- I am mostly interested in making what I call practical things: garden tools, trivets for plants or pans, fire management tools, candlesticks, etc.
- My father is an academic and a people person, but not handy in the slightest. Because of that, a lot of this is very new to me.
- Despite not yet having a fully-functional forge set up, I already have a striker! My BIL has signed on whole-heartedly and has been a great help, especially when we had to get a 200-pound ash stump home... somehow.

I will be reading the forum rules and getting the lay of the land over the next few weeks. Tips on where to start or things to know would be appreciated.

ZachC

Re: The New Guy - Timothy Daggett

Unread post by ZachC » Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:14 am

Welcome to the addiction, Timothy. :)

Return to “Introductions - Introduce yourself to the web forum members”