Hello from River Falls WI!!

Hammerback

Hello from River Falls WI!!

Unread post by Hammerback » Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:11 am

Hello and greetings everyone! My name is Sam and I have absolutely no history in metal working but I am going to try to learn very quickly. I talked to a guild member at Minneapolis ComicCon of all places and he really got me interested in learning more. I know I live in Wisconsin but am very glad that I've been allowed to join anyway! I have been looking at learning more about blacksmithing for quite some time and I decided to jump in with both feet. My great grandfather was a blacksmith as were many of my ancestors before him. I look to once again make blacksmithing part of my family.
I am looking at setting up basic forge on the family land and have put my name in for the beginner classes. Unfortunatly I was too slow and only made the waiting list. I have also looked at classes over at the Chicago ave school of fire, as well as some here in Wisconsin as well. I have already started to aquire some of the basics I will need but I know there is alot more to get. To be honest, I will spend most of my time lurking here on the forums but really look forward to attending some of the gatherings that are held and getting to know alot of you. I will ask alot of questions so please just be patient :)

Thanks for reading all of this!
Sam

Martin Pansch

Re: Hello from River Falls WI!!

Unread post by Martin Pansch » Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:17 am

Welcome Sam!

It is good to see folks so eager to join and learn. Holler out if you have any questions at all and folks here will do their best to answer.

In case you hadn't heard, the Guild's annual fall conference, aka The Madness, is 18-20 September. It is a good place to watch good demonstrators, see good work from other Guild members, acquire some of the tools of the trade, and generally have a good metal-themed time. Details are on the website and the September Forum. If you can't find it let me know and I'll help.

Again welcome to the family.

Martin

Peter Bettenberg

Re: Hello from River Falls WI!!

Unread post by Peter Bettenberg » Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:44 pm

Sam - welcome! Odds are you spoke with me at ComicCon. I've got a small shop around North Branch, MN. I also plan to demo a bit at the Jackson Street Roundhouse in Saint Paul this winter. If you are ever in town and want to work on some basics, just let me know!
Attachments
WWComicCon_TheEndlands1.jpg
WWComicCon_TheEndlands1.jpg (114.07 KiB) Viewed 2302 times

Return to “Introductions - Introduce yourself to the web forum members”