Hello, from Andover.

MikeHanson

Hello, from Andover.

Unread post by MikeHanson » Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:07 pm

Hello all. Just joined the guild a few weeks ago, and already met a few of you. Been interested in blacksmithing since I was a little kid, just never had the time or place to do it. I finally have the time and place to be able to beat hot metal. I'm more interested in the practical and artistic side than the blade making side (though I may try at some point).
Still working on getting the tools I need, but have enough to get some things done. Unfortunately right now, because I didn't think things through my forge is inoperable. Fortunately I have the materials to make a better one and I learned from my mistakes.
I look forward to meeting more of you as I can.

Martin Pansch

Re: Hello, from Andover.

Unread post by Martin Pansch » Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:35 pm

Welcome the The Guild Mike.

If you have a chance I highly recommend coming to our fall conference next weekend. A few good demonstrators, people selling blacksmith equipment and material, seeing what others are working on, networking with other blacksmiths. A good time all around.

Please post photos and progress reports on your new forge build. I love seeing what great ideas others come up with and it helps other new folks as well.

Return to “Introductions - Introduce yourself to the web forum members”