Subtle Declaration

BlisterBuddy

Subtle Declaration

Unread post by BlisterBuddy » Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:08 pm

Hello Ladies and Fellas,

Thank you for taking me under your accumulative wing. I look forward to flying with you soon. Before I leave the coop however I want to bring my character and history forward. The South Dakota School of Mines and Technology is what first brought me into the fold of blacksmithing over five years ago. Meetings were every Friday just outside of The Mineral Industries department in this tiny quasi-garage. When I got there nearly everyone was a senior and was to be graduating. The life of the club was coming to an end despite the regularly diverse BBQs of chicken, steaks, and veggies.

The group had an emergency position exchange meeting to get new leadership to fill the soon to be empty roles. The roles of secretary and treasurer were passed on to me without really knowing what to do. The roles eventually made sense and served to grow me in personal discipline, but what kept me coming back was the subtle improvements in my handy work. I will not deny that I have dropped almost every pair of tongs I have picked up and the piece I therein. It was the confidence, that I have seen and done this before that kept me coming back. The growth in both mind and body was unbearably attractive and when the chaos of classes set in, the weekly blackmithing group was what kept me grounded. Before the fire I learned with pleasure instead of obligation. In a school where I felt a fool, I was given a semblance of hope.

For five school years, I followed the flames, made enemies, let down friends, and have been taught lessons that are still now settling in.

Blacksmithing is my solace, and I am glad to be allow to practice with you wise fellows. Speak honestly with me, and deny me no correction. I value it all.

Best Regards,

Joseph Schurch
Attachments
vikings1.jpg
vikings1.jpg (282.47 KiB) Viewed 1798 times

Christina

Re: Subtle Declaration

Unread post by Christina » Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:21 pm

Well said, Joseph, and welcome to the Guild!

Return to “Introductions - Introduce yourself to the web forum members”